Module 1: Theories of Learning and Engagement for Group Facilitation
Workshop 1: Theories of Learning and Engagement for Group Facilitation
Objective: In this workshop, you will learn tips, tools, techniques, and theories for effective group facilitation.
Activity – You will:
- Understand the different components of facilitation.
- Understand the dynamic of group sizes.
- Understand the importance of the physical environment for facilitation
Product – You will create and develop:
- A toolbox to help you facilitate.
Outcome – You will learn how to:
- Apply the Cone of Learning to group facilitation.
- Use multiple tools for effective facilitation.
- Appreciate that people learn differently and how to engage them at different levels.
- Use the Experiential Learning Cycles to guide participants to reflect.