Leadership Skills for Healthcare Innovation
Innovate within Healthcare with Design Thinking
Develop your skill for innovative thinking. Get started with more focused innovation action in your healthcare organization. Learn the basics for applying design thinking and advance your leadership skills.
This online workshop program includes 1 hour and 15 minutes of videos plus materials. We will touch on:
- SKILLS: See the most critical skills for our changing world and how you've already been leveraging them when you've learned and done new things.
- MINDSET: Access the attitude that will help you to keep learning, growing, & taking innovative action.
- PROCESS: Learn the simple Innovation Step-by-Step approach and methods to use for your challenges in your work and life.
- ACTION: Begin your own innovation project for the purpose of learning, developing skills, and creating something new that can impact others and yourself.
Use this online program to help you start to work on a healthcare innovation challenge of your choosing. Hone and apply your personal leadership skills at any level and for purposes large or small.
How can you use a design thinking approach in your healthcare organization for the changing future? Pick a challenge to act on. It could be specific to you or your department or something like these:
1. New programs or services for specific outcomes?
2. Enhance specific client experience or satisfaction?
3. Catalyze a “culture of innovation” in your dept. or org.?
4. High-impact first three minutes with a patient?
5. Utilize new technology for productivity in your role?
6. Leverage, productize, or digitize your expertise?
7. New ways to provide value or generate revenue?
8. Reduce waste of money or time (no shows, charting)?
9. Improve efficiency or simplify processes?
10. Regulation adaption with the Affordable Care Act, etc.?
You can event start with just the emerging needs of your stakeholders as a challenge. Use design thinking to zero in on the problems, opportunities, or unmet needs of your patients, clients, colleagues, or stakeholders. Learn how to apply design thinking to enhance your healthcare organization for the future in our bonus "coaching screenshare" video.
Darin Eich, Ph.D. is an innovation training workshop designer, design thinking training facilitator, keynote speaker & the founder of InnovationLearning.org. His speciality is designing and facilitating high-impact innovative leadership programs. He is also the author of
Innovation Step-by-Step: How to Create & Develop Ideas for your Challenge and Root Down & Branch Out: Best Practices for Leadership Development Programs.
Darin's passion involves helping people to become themselves, find and live their strengths, and become more creative, innovative and successful leaders. Darin is a conference keynote speaker and helps institutions develop leadership programs & retreats. He also facilitates professional brainstorming, facilitation training, and innovation sessions for large organizations.
A variety of organizations listed below have utilized Darin's innovative facilitation, consulting, keynotes & workshops, and leadership development programs for training and innovation. Our programs and expertise have also been featured in various media publications.
StartHealthcare Innovation Handouts & Slides
StartPart I: Critical skills and overview of practical innovation for healthcare (12:02)
StartPart 2: Picking a healthcare innovation challenge (13:08)
StartPart 3: Mindset to start a healthcare innovation project (10:20)
StartPart 4: Innovation process to actively innovate in healthcare (13:21)
StartInnovation Step-by-Step book & workbook